Monday, October 18, 2004

...just knock yourself out...

Well, I'm forced to blog from the library of Armstrong Atlantic State University - http://www.armstrong.edu - as our cable's fucked up and will have to be fixed tomorrow. No, I am not a college student. However, my mother is and I tagged along in order to post, you see.

Sorry for the late blog post...haven't felt too well as of late...I've been having constant headaches and I hope it's just from my prescription glasses.

Speaking of wellness, my insurance cards arrived at work today. Now I just need a way to go see a doctor, go to the Savannah Film Festival, and see I Heart Huckabees, The Grudge, Saw, Ray, and Shaun Of The Dead. Being broke all of the time sucks...oh well, onward we must go.

Get lost in the really trippy official website for I Heart Huckabees - http://www.foxsearchlight.com/huckabees

Shaun Of The Dead's official website - http://www.shaunofthedeadmovie.com

Well, the VP and the third presidential debate had differences and likenesses: both showed Kerry/Edwards as bold, progressive individuals, while Skeletor and Alfred E. Neuman were bound and determined not to remove their rose-colored glasses, no matter what the cost.

And guess what, Republican hacks....

I'M A LIBERAL! I'M A LIBERAL! I'M A LIBERAL!

There? Want to call me one? Anyone? Go ahead! I don't give a flying damn! The word liberal is not a pejorative, nor should it be. I really wish Kerry had challenged Bush on that. A simple, "Is it liberal to want to give money back to the middle class by rolling back those tax cuts you gave to you and your billionaire friends? Is it liberal to want safe, affordable healthcare, *including* the safe importation of prescription drugs from Canada, for every American? Is it liberal to want a foreign policy plan that eases the burden on our far-too-overburdened military by enlisting the help of our allies? Is it liberal to want to use science to seek cures for nerve and tissue diseases and damages? Liberal is not a bad word. But by the looks of what has happened in our country over the last four years, 'compassionate conservative' must be not just a bad word, but bad for America."

Damn, I like that. On November 2nd, let's send the smirking chimp back to Crawford, Texas permanently.

http://www.declareyourself.com

And remember, the earlier that you vote the better chance you have helping others to get to the polling places and taking an active part in our democracy.

Well, The Day After Tomorrow was a definite two-star movie for me. It holds the viewer's interest, but at the end, as Roger Ebert says, "Our hands close on nothing." It's a somewhat entertaining movie. I just didn't really care for it at all.

I procured from work the horror films The Hazing and Lucky. I've heard nothing but good things about these low-budget titles and hope they live up to their hype. Several reviews have mentioned that The Hazing is a faithful homage to those great '80s horror flicks like Night Of The Demons and Evil Dead 2:Dead By Dawn. I'll let you know what I think.

Folks, I cannot stress enough the importance of heading over to The Horror Channel's official website, http://www.horrorchannel.com, and signing your cable provider's petition! I *sincerely* hope Comcast adds it! I'm really excited about this and want to be able to enjoy it from day one.

Well, that's all for now. Have a great evening and I'll hopefully blog later tomorrow.


No comments: