Sunday, March 13, 2005

work...begins again tomorrow!...

The much-needed, much-enjoyed paid vacation is winding down, folks. Well, it has wound down.

I plan to get some rather nice shoes along with some rather nice gel insoles at Target this week, as funds have been severely lacking as of late.

I read James B. Stewart's Disney War. It was a fascinating tale of just how badly Michael Eisner has damaged the company. Sadly, it looks like they're just going with more of the same as they announced today that Robert Iger will replace him as CEO. They may as well just call him "Eisner 2". (Read the book to find out why.)

Nope, I Heart Huckabees did not get watched by me yet. I know, I know - I'm a lazy son of a bitch.

Fuck those awful Republicans. In the ear preferrably. The bankruptcy bill, written by and for the credit card companies, is as soulless and evil as you can get. Couple that with their laughable plans for Social Security (which are thankfully being rejected by more than 70% of the country according to an Associated Press poll) and it's not that hard to see just how bad for the working class this political party is.

I saw Hostage on Friday. It was pretty good, nothing exclamatory. I must see director Florent Siri's French film The Nest as I hear it is a gritty, intense thriller.

Also, I found out today that I'm going to be an uncle as my sister and her boyfriend are expecting. She's five weeks along.

Well, off to shower, clean up the kitchen and watch a bit of TiVo before going to bed.

No comments: