Friday, February 10, 2006

friday arrives...

I got up at 7:45 this morning and just could *not* go back to sleep. So I got up, ate three bowls of Froot Loops, made some coffee and had a cup, and am just relaxing at present.

I received part of my income tax return early this morning. I plan to catch up on my movie-going, purchase Stephen King's new novel Cell, and perhaps pick up several DVDs, many of them hopefully from The Criterion Collection, like this one:



and this one...




and...



I'm most looking forward to The Criterion Collection's release of Richard Linklater's brilliant 1993 film Dazed and Confused. It's been crying for a special edition DVD release and the people at The Criterion Collection redefine the term "special edition DVD". I can't wait.

Also on the schedule is me picking up several CDs. I've already made mention of The White Stripes Get Behind Me Satan, which won a Grammy the other night for Best Alternative Rock Album. But the main titles I'll be procuring are the following...








The Elected - Sun, Sun, Sun



And then there are, of course, the 9,371 movies that are currently unspooling in theatres that I wish to see. Match Point, The New World, Underworld: Evolution, Firewall, The Matador, Walk The Line, and Final Destination 3 are at the top of my list. Munich is no longer playing in the area so DVD here I come, I guess. And then a nice dinner or two may be in the cards. All in all, I'm going to treat myself (and my mother) but I'm going to try not to blow all of this cash in a wild spending frenzy. I want to have some money saved up for a rainy day.

I'm off today, work 4-close tomorrow, and then am off Sunday. Then factor in TiVo being stuffed to the gills as well and I've got alot on my plate.

Tonight is the season finale (as they're calling it and I hope that statement is true) for Arrested Development, a 2-hour send off in which FOX basically washes their hands of the series, airing it against the opening ceremonies of the Winter Olympics. Justine Bateman co-stars as Jason Bateman's character's sister. I sincerely hope that Showtime picks the show up; c'mon Mitchell Hurwitz - keep this wicked piece of brilliance alive! PLEASE!

UPN.com hosted yet another online webchat/call-in show with E! Entertainment Television's Kristen Veitch and Veronica Mars creator Rob Thomas yesterday. I will be viewing that later, of course. If you've not feasted on the bounty that is Veronica Mars, then do so immediately. Television is rarely this good.


No comments: