Monday, January 15, 2007

I cannot wait until March 1st!!!

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117957250.html?categoryid=14&cs=1

Chiller - Dare To Watch - Coming March 1st, 2007



Click the logo to head to Chiller's official website, ChillerTV.com.

NBC Universal Launches Horror Channel - Chiller - On DIRECTV March 1st

This was certainly unexpected. NBC Universal states that Chiller will cull their programming from not just the NBC Universal vaults but the vaults of other studios (Lionsgate, 20th Century Fox, Sony, and Warner Brothers, to name a few). Series that they'll be debuting with include Twin Peaks, Freddy's Nightmares, Alfred Hitchock Presents, and Friday The 13th: The Series. Plus they'll be airing movies, of course. It'll be cool to see all of those old shows and I hope they dig deep into the vaults of their content providers. But I have to remember to temper my excitement just a tad when I see what NBC Universal's done with SCI FI through the years, Battlestar Galactica and the occasional miniseries excluded. Hopefully Chiller can avoid that and it will as long as Bonnie Hammer's nowhere near it.

I sincerely hope that NBC Universal really puts a considerable effort into Chiller. Look I'm not naive. I know that both Sleuth (NBC Universal's mystery/crime-themed cable network) and Chiller are basically, for the moment, a way for NBC Universal to make money off of the thousands of hours of programming in their and other companies vaults. And that's just fine with me, as long as the lineup is programmed with diversity and character. As I stated on messageboard, Chiller might turn into SCI FI by 2013, with shows like WWE Fear Fights and Who Wants To Be A Serial Killer?. I'm crossing my fingers it doesn't and until it does I plan to watch Chiller and enjoy the repurposed programming, alot of which haven't been on TV in a long time.

No comments: