Saturday, April 16, 2005

Like The Bay City Rollers said....

Saturday night.

Saturday Night Live is currently airing on NBC. Tom Brady (from the New England Patriots) is hosting with musical genius Beck as music guest.

So I returned the Serenity book. It was very good. I think I'll either buy Sarah Vowell's new tome or that John Ridley novel with that money.

I watched Cube Zero today. It was a pretty good prequel. I still have Maria Full Of Grace from work to watch, along with 9000 other things on TiVo.

Veronica Mars has been renewed for a second season! Joy!

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/pr.cgi?&id=20050411upn01

The gory details are above. It is one of my favorite shows on television. Hell, I'll go ahead and say my favorite. It's smart, extremely well-written, and doesn't play down to its audience. Congrats to Joel Silver, creator Rob Thomas (not that one), and an excellent cast anchored by the brilliant Kristen Bell in the lead. Hopefully UPN will amp up its promotion for the series, release season one on DVD this summer (along with re-airing it), and pair it with other new dramas this fall.

Now if only FOX will renew Arrested Development. I was unsure if this season would top the first but it's really become hysterical these past few weeks and it needs to be renewed ASAP.

So Air America Radio is leaving SIRIUS to go with xm radio as of June 11th, albeit in a truncated formula. Unless xm plans to carry AAR 24/7 at a later date, I don't see why I should bother with getting it after spending a pretty dime on SIRIUS. I'm still torn as to whether or not I'm going to ditch SIRIUS and get my hard-earned $$$ back as AAR was the only reason I got it. Decisions...decisions...I'll let the minus three people that read this know what I plan to do once I know what I'm going to do.



Written by David Seltzer (The Omen), I've read some pretty good reviews of this and I'll give it a watch, all six episodes.

Tonight, the stage adaptation of the cult classic musical debuted on Showtime...




It looks hilariously over-the-top. I've not seen the original 1936 "Reefer Madness" short (originally titled "Tell Your Children") and I hope to someday soon. Veronica Mars star Kristen Bell stars, as she did in the L.A. play, alongside Neve Campbell, Alan Cumming (who plays everyone from Shakespeare to FDR, I hear), Steven Weber, SNL alum Ana Gasteyer, and the voice of the Cryptkeeper himself, Jon Kassir. Kassir also reprises the role he played in the stage version. I'll post a review later of course. And in case you're wondering, no I've never tried the title plant. I guess I'm a square, huh?

Here's the official Showtime website as well as the musical's website.

http://www.sho.com/reefermadness

http://www.reefermadness.org

No comments: