Sunday, August 14, 2005

Awwww.....






I love you, TiVo!

I got a haircut today (that one..oh the humor is funny!) and thus feel thirty pounds lighter. I'm also trying something new...a closely-cropped goatee. We'll see if this ends in triumph or abundant failure. I'll be sure to keep you posted.

And in terrifically awesome news, school starts tomorrow for all students in the area. That's right, you snot-nosed brats and know-nothing teens...get your lazy asses BACK in class and stop littering our store with your presence! It'll be so nice to have a moment to complete a task at work on a weekday morning without a pesky child under foot. But watch me have to eat my words and there'll be kids there anyway. I certainly hope not.

Head on over to Daily Kos. There's a really dead-on article about Cindy Sheehan. What a courageous, inspiring, wonderful woman. I sincerely hope that she follows Bush back to D.C. and continues to live camped right outside The White House, day and night. He may be an asshole and not want to open his eyes to the fact that we're losing brave men and women in an endless and needless war, or to meet with the mother of a dead soldier but at least whenever he shuttles to and from the overpriced fundraisers he'll have a female-sized thorn in his side. The longer this plays out, the worse it makes him look. Good.

Bill Maher will be guest-hosting The Majority Report on Air America Radio tomorrow night. I can't wait! The reason for this is Janeane Garofalo is currently in Los Angeles filming a guest spot on The West Wing and Sam Seder and his wife Nicole are celebrating the birth of their daughter, Myla Rae Seder. Congrats to the happy family.

Tim Robbins anti-war play Embedded: Live will have its network television debut next Sunday night at 9PM on sundance channel.

POEM TIME


Frustration

If I had a shiny gun,
I could have a world of fun
Speeding bullets through the brains
Of the folk who give me pains;

Or had I some poison gas,
I could make the moments pass
Bumping off a number of
People whom I do not love.

But I have no lethal weapon-
Thus does Fate our pleasure step on!
So they still are quick and well
Who should be, by rights, in hell.

Dorothy Parker


Inventory

Four be the things I am wiser to know:
Idleness, sorrow, a friend, and a foe.

Four be the things I’d been better without:
Love, curiosity, freckles, and doubt.

Three be the things I shall never attain:
Envy, content, and sufficient champagne.

Three be the things I shall have till I die:
Laughter and hope and a sock in the eye.

Dorothy Parker

No comments: