Friday, July 21, 2006

tonight....



I'll be seeing this at 7PM tonight, with the husband of one of my co-workers. He's a Kevin Smith fan. She unfortunately cannot attend, as she has to work tonight. I've been excited to see this for over a year now and finally the day is at hand! I'll be using the free ticket I earned thanks to Regal Entertainment Group's Crown Club Card, which accumulates your box-office purchases as points, which are then redeemable for concession items and movie tickets. By the way, head over to http://www.silentbobspeaks.com. It chronicles the recent Kevin Smith/Joel Siegel dust-up. It's pretty funny. I agree - don't fucking make a scene if you walk out of a theater while the movie's still playing.

TiVo has amassed a treasure trove of TV for me. I hope/plan to get through as much of it as humanly possible ASAP.

Apple has posted the trailers for Alfonso Cuaron's Children Of Men and TMNT, respectively. Check those out here - http://www.apple.com/trailers
(And yes, TMNT is indeed an acronym for "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles". And yes, my by-then 25-year-old ass will be parked in a theater seat come March 30th, 2007 to see it.)
Someone online stated that the sci-fi drama/romance The Fountain, directed by Darren Aronofsky and starring Hugh Jackman and Aronofsky's girlfriend Rachel Weisz (who just gave birth to their son recently) debuts its first full trailer in front of M. Night Shyamalan's Lady In The Water this weekend. I hope it's online soon, as The Fountain and Danny Boyle's upcoming sci-fi flick Sunshine are my two most heavily anticipated sci-fi films. As for Lady In The Water, I'll see it before it leaves theatres. The reviews have not just been bad -- they're downright atrocious. Only time will tell, however. My Super Ex-Girlfriend looks funny and anything starring Rainn Wilson (who's hilarious as Dwight Schrute on NBC's The Office) automatically garners my attention. I just don't know if I'll be able to see it in the theater so it'll probably be a decent DVD rental in the near future.

Alright rambly bits are over. Time to hit the hay, navigating through TiVo before I do so. I know I'm Broken Record Man when it comes to this (reviewing movies in a timely fashion) but expect my Clerks II review sometime this weekend. I also plan to start reviewing more movies on here. ALOT more movie reviews. Hell, that was part of the reason I started this damn blog two years ago! Plus I think TV reviews are in order as well. I've still got SCI FI's new series EUReKA to watch (the pilot) so I'll get that review posted this weekend also.

No comments: