Friday, December 03, 2004

the friday post...

George A. Romero's Martin

I just picked up George A. Romero's 1977 horror film Martin on DVD for $10.99 at Best Buy. The word around the campfire is that this is a brilliantly disturbing horror film with nightmarish imagery, one of the best horror films of the '70s, and one of the best vampire movies of all time. I WILL post a review of this, mark my words. Then I plan to watch and review Lost In Translation.

I also got a $47 Magnavox DVD player. So I'm on the precipice of being broke. Hopefully I can use my connections to see Blade Trinity this Wednesday as my new schedule has me off on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays instead of Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. I'm going to try to save the remaining dollars for Closer if at all possible.

Hopefully this review of Blade Trinity is correct:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/reviews/review_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000730866


Oh, the doctor's visit went swimmingly. I have a hydrocele. Curious what that is? Google it. WebMD it. Quite interesting, eh?

I did get some inserts for my sneakers. My feet already feel more comfortable.

Firefly..I finished it and have started listening to the commentary on the first episode. I can't wait for Serenity to come out on September 30th.

Here's the teaser poster for Batman Begins. It looks like The Dark Knight just may be getting back to his roots...

Click here to visit the official Batman Begins website

Batman Begins - In Theatres June 17th


No comments: