Saturday, February 12, 2005

It's the dawning of a new day in America


Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean




Contribution amount:
$







DONATE!. Let's let the new Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean know how we feel, that we're energized and ready to fight.

I'd like to thank Chairman Dean for bringing the fire back to the Democratic Party. I look forward to hearing his ideas and seeing them implemented immediately so that we can take back this country. In my local area, Savannah, Georgia, I'd like to see more representation of the Democrats. It seems like the South was forsaken the last time around. As Bill Maher so succinctly put it, "There are alot of blue people in red states" and I am one of them. Also, the county that Savannah is located in, Chatham, went for Kerry 51% to 49%. I truly believe Chairman Dean is right when he says showing up is the first step in winning. I am eager to do whatever it takes and am excited to help bring this party to its zenith.

Look out, right-wing Republicans, your days in power are numbered. As I've stated before they can keep underestimating and marginalizing him. Just don't be surprised when we reclaim the House, Senate, and ultimately, the presidency and then retain these positions.

Here's the text of Chairman Dean's speech to the DNC this morning (which I watched LIVE on C-SPAN):

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/politics/3036902

By the way I also just finished watching the Battlestar Galactica miniseries and WOW!

Words cannot describe the pure emotion and intelligence that this material has been given. I am absolutely in awe over it. Everything from the cast, the score, the special effects, the already mentioned incredible writing - it all hums along to its own iconic rhythym and I anticipate watching the series. If it's anywhere near as amazing as the miniseries...

Oh and I think I'm in love with Katee Sackhoff's truly alive portrayal of Lieutenant Kara "Starbuck" Thrace. She emboldens Starbuck with a gleeful exuberance while remaining a kick-ass, tough-as-nails, take-no-prisoners soldier. And Olmos is enthralling as Commander William Adama. So check it out if ever you get the chance.

No comments: