Friday, May 06, 2005

The mind is a cypher...



and I'm on circulate, baby.

The odd clown flies south in New Haven, CT and all I can say is blasphemy toast on Tuesday never tastes sweeter than cafe au lait on a Thursday evening. NPR is overrated.

Now that I've gotten my jollies off, welcome back to something with a semblance of sanity.

In thrillingly smashing good news, Andrew is cleared to work today. He's off today though. But Saturday, he's picking up the shift I was scheduled to cover for him. The boss knows this. So I edited the schedule to reflect this and all is great. So the lovely weekend is mine to behold. And behold it I shall for I make the most honest pledge and promise to see a movie at a movie theater this weekend!!! I am sick of missing out! Crash was released today, as were Kingdom of Heaven and House of Wax. Plus there's still The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy and the widely praised The Interpreter still to see. I should also be receiving The Phantom of the Opera from Netflix today, along with the second disc of The 4400, USA's original sci-fi series. The second season premieres in June so I need to brush up.

But said movie theatre excursions shall not take place until Saturday as our paychecks were "lost". How the hell does a paycheck get lost? If the morons cutting them don't pay attention to what they're doing. So I'm currently at their mercy. Sucks, but oh well. Saturday morning will be here soon enough.




Family Guy was hilarious on its Sunday night return. American Dad I don't see lasting that long. It seems like a pale carbon copy of Family Guy.





Andrew burned a copy of this lovely album for me. I've already heard it but will need to give it further attention. Trent's done some amazing stuff and I can't wait to devour With Teeth even more.

A nap may be in my future.

My mother had her birthday yesterday. Being broke sucks but I plan to take her out for dinner and a movie tomorrow night. My sister came over with gifts and we had a nice ham dinner here at home last night. She spent the night.

Check out http://movies.yahoo.com for new trailers for Mr. & Mrs. Smith, The Dukes of Hazzard (which looks fun...it's from the comedy troupe Broken Lizard who made the hilarious movie Super Troopers and the not-so-hilarious-yet-awesome-because-Jordan-Ladd-gets-naked Club Dread), and The Legend of Zorro.

And now something that's going to become a weekly feature here at casa de los filmcritic3000...

BLACK MARKET WIT'S FRIDAY FEMME FATALE!

Each week, I'll post several captivating, alluring pictures of a breathtakingly beautiful actress/singer/awesome female and the reason why I'm posting pictures of that certain person, along with a little background on said individual....*drum roll please*!............

THIS FRIDAY'S FEMME FATALE IS...







EVA GREEN

Eva Green, born July 5, 1980 in Paris, France, is an actress.
A twin of Joy Green, a non-identical sister, Eva Green is the daughter of French actress Marlène Jobert and Walter Green, a Swedish dentist. The multi-lingual Eva's name in Swedish is pronounced "grain." She studied in Paris and in London and performed on stage before making her film debut as the female lead in the Bernardo Bertolucci's 2003 film The Dreamers with Michael Pitt and Louis Garrel. She fully immersed herself in the role, which included full-frontal nudity for the artistic requirements of this film. In addition to acting, she would like to compose music for film.
Described by Bertolucci as "so beautiful it's indecent," her performance brought her critical acclaim and she has finished her second movie role in the French film, Arsene Lupin,directed by Jean-Paul Salomé and co-starring Romain Duris and Kristin Scott Thomas. In March 2004, she filmed her third film as the female star alongside Orlando Bloom and Liam Neeson in director Ridley Scott's Kingdom of Heaven, released May 6th, 2005. She has another film, Paris, je t'aime, co-starring Natalie Portman and Steve Buscemi among others, coming soon.

I chose Ms. Green because she represents a look that is far too hard to find in women of cinema: mystery. Her eyes are mysterious, alive, and intelligent. I predict that she will have a very long and interesting career, as evidenced by her current role in this weekend's Ridley Scott epic Kingdom of Heaven. I will be there for every movie she's in. No question about it.

Look at that first picture. Makes you want to retire to France with her, burn incense, and spend days and years talking about literature and film. She's a class act, a rarity in the medium she's employed these days. It's quite obvious, from her breakthrough role in The Dreamers (and the following quote), she is willing to do whatever a role calls for...

"Nudity is just another costume. Perverts might think otherwise."

So I applaud Eva Green, this week's FRIDAY FEMME FATALE. I eagerly await her upcoming cinematic pursuits and look forward to seeing her for many years to come on the big screen.

No comments: