Thursday, June 02, 2005

that's right, bitches...



I'm dropping mad love, as the kids say, for IFC.



Also, fuse kicks MTV's lame ass. They have this girl VJ Juliya who is funny, opinionated, and oh so very hot. She reminds me of great VJs from MTV's past like Kennedy and Alison Stewart, only with looser lips. fuse is like the early '90s version of MTV when they managed to balance the pop videos with the rap and rock and had witty, well-informed VJs. Now good luck if any of the Neanderthals in MTV's teeny-bopper cocoon know what the hell a music channel's supposed to be. And bullshit reality shows about fucking debutantes and ignorant teens dating are nowhere to be
found! Instead, guess what's there? MUSIC! And I love their slogan!... fuse - more music than the leading brand. YES! And it's so very true.
Well, DIRECTV is all hooked up in my room. But I've still got to somehow sync up my TiVo with the DIRECTV as I seemingly have to change the DIRECTV channel, then the channel on TiVo in order to record something. True, DIRECTV will auto-tune your TV to whatever program you want but I'm not going to be home always. So I have some technology tinkering to do. Wish me well.
I get paid tomorrow. Said money'll be gone ASAP for bills though. As long as I get a meal from Quizno's and get to save a bit to see Batman Begins on the 15th, I'm stellar.
We have Wonka Bars at work now. If you receive a "Golden Ticket" in your wrapper, you win $10,000. And yes, this is a promo (duh) for the upcoming film Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I think Nestle has re-worked the recipe for the chocolate bar because the last time I tried one, I was unimpressed. It's a chocolate candy bar with Graham cracker bits and is quite delicious. The old bar had the cracker just lining the bottom and was not that great. The new, improved Wonka Bar is simply a Crunch bar, it seems, with the crisped rice being replaced with said bits of Graham cracker.
Well, I have a dishwasher to load and a TiVo to try to get to work.
I brought home Criminal and David Gordon Green's Undertow from work. I anticipate great things.
Netflix shipped my movies today. Hopefully they'll arrive Saturday. I reported The Aviator lost as I mailed that one last Friday and they've *still* yet to receive it. I'll be getting the horror film Dead End which I've heard great things about. Ingmar Bergman's Persona would be next but I'm in a horror movie groove all of a sudden.

No comments: