Monday, June 20, 2005

This is black market wit's femme fatale of the week




ALANIS MORISSETTE

This girl helped provide the soundtrack of my adolescence. I cannot count the number of times that I played jagged little pill. I also bought the follow-up Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie. She is a divine beauty, a true wordsmith, and one of the best musicians of our times. I plan to pick up her more recent albums, Under Rug Swept and So-Called Chaos ASAP. Her new album is a tenth anniversary re-recording called jagged little pill acoustic. The title says it all. It's currently being sold exclusively at Starbucks but will be released everywhere in mid-July.

Alanis's bio is at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alanis_Morissette

Sorry for the lapse in posting. I shall, as always, strive for punctuality.

My review of Batman Begins is forthcoming.

Bill Press will be starting his own liberal talk show called "The Bill Press Show" on SIRIUS Talk Left 143 on June 27th. The show will originate from the Center for American Progress in Washington, D.C. Christie Harvey from that organization will be his co-host. "The Bill Press Show" will air from 6-9AM Monday-Friday. Congratulations to Bill and I look forward to hearing his show.

I watched Once Upon A Time In America and Criminal this weekend. Both were striking and well-made. I now need to see more Leone films. Criminal is a remake of a film that was made in Argentina called Nine Queens.

I've become addicted to this show on ESPN Classic called Cheap Seats.



It's two comedian brothers, the always hilarious Sklar Brothers (Jason & Randy). Basically the show is a half-hour version of MST3K using crappy sporting events from ABC and ESPN's deep vaults. If ever you get the chance check it out. Heck, the gang from MST3K even showed up on one episode to heckle the Sklars!

http://www.cheapseats.tv

Well, TiVo beckons.

No comments: