Tuesday, July 05, 2005

clothespins and innocents...

Well, well, well...how are you? I am fine. I worked yesterday. Ah, delicious time and a half. How I love you.

Batman Begins - four stars no doubt
War of the Worlds - two and a half stars

Spielberg needs to stop tying all of his movies up with potpourri and a bow. I have no qualms with the ending (it's the same as the novel's) but Spielberg can *NEVER* follow anything through to its natural conclusion.



I've fallen in love with Monk. Tony Shaloub is hysterical and brilliant in the title role. I don't know why I haven't been watching but I'm currently renting the first season and plan to play catch-up.

Tonight a new episode of Stella premieres. MTV offers up MTV's The '70s House. Can today's teenagers survive in a house with only three television channels, a rotary phone, polyester clothes, and songs from the era? I hope that they have a few of the brain dead morons that I deal with in the house. It'll be interesting to see them have a meltdown when they realize that they can't use a cell phone.

Well, The Inside is dead. Head on over to http://www.timminear.net for all of the gory details. FOX can never let a good thing last, now can they? It's a shame too as I've really been enjoying the show.

I am seriously amped up for the season premiere of Battlestar Galactica. I still have last season's two-part season finale to watch and then I'll be all caught up. Remember it's http://www.scifi.com/battlestar for all of your Battlestar Galactica needs.

Hopefully Firefly will kick ratings ass on SCI FI when it re-debuts on July 22nd and they'll push up the release date for Serenity. The first of the three-part comic book series tie-in releases a week from tomorrow. Darn my broke ass!

Karl Rove, You Have The Right To Remain Silent. I'd LOVE to hear those words. Remember, Scott McLellan said that the leaker of Valerie Plame's name should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. Well, let's slap those cuffs on Rove and let him rot in prison, okay Scotty? I know it's tough in front of those hot lights and cameras but at least you'll have your cuddle bunny Jeff Gannon to go home to, right?

femme fatale of the week...

The Name & Face Of Beauty, Creativity, and Intelligence

The Very Definition Of Awesome

Janeane Garofalo at Wikipedia

Ever since I first started watching her stand-up in the mid '90s, Janeane Garofalo has personified an excellent mixture of comedy and politics into a wonderful and vast career. She is currently the co-host of The Majority Report on Air America Radio and was recently the star of Oxygen's original movie Nadine In Date Land. It was a cable movie that was good! Which never happens. I love her wit, her acerbic nature and any neuroses she may think she has. Janeane Garofalo is a class act and one of the best comedians of the past decade.

No comments: